Leadership is no art but a combination of disciplined activities. And the list is not exhaustive but carefully crafted set of skills that can be developed and successfully applied.
- Develop a scintillating vocabulary: This is not about developing an exhaustive list but few carefully chosen uplifting words that can be utilized when communicating with your team. Brilliant, Exciting; Incredible; Remarkable; Staggering…….
- Develop a mindset of a child: Be curious, during any discussions, your objective should be to understand the problem and get a value out of it for yourself and your team. Simply remember the formula ASK, PROBE and TAKE HOME VALUE
- Develop Enthusiasm: Personal enthusiasm is an expendable resource hence spend your energy judiciously where it impacts the most.
- Develop Listening Skills: It’s important to know the problem before you initiate inventing a remedy; hence develop the art of listening and acknowledging.
- Develop Expression Skills: Develop the art of expressing opinion and making decision on others behalf. Followers look forward to your direction and direction is your thinking and decision making capacity. So express your opinion and make decisions.
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it……..Dwight D. Eisenhower