What I saw and what I imbibed in 2010………..
- Subscribe to Success magazine along with an audio book summary: This subscription pack is worth it’s weight in gold. Success magazine comes with an audio CD comprising of interviews with celebrities. These audio CDs are my companion in the car when driving on the roads of Dubai and sharjah.
- Oman is a beautiful place inhabited with beautiful people: Even in this fast paced stressed life; Oman has maintained a scenic, untouched and natural beauty. The people in Oman are ever willing to help and extend help whenever they find people in need. When I was stranded on a remote desolate road with two flat tires I was able to attract the attention of Omani nationals and in next 60 minutes was able to get the two tires replaced.
- Who moved my cheese: It is never too late to change and I changed my job. Just keep smelling the cheese and change no sooner the cheese gets smaller or grows stale.
- Learn blogging: I learned to blog using WordPress. Ideas are as good as they are shared and actioned. So no sooner ideas crop up in my mind I make a note and blog them. Blogging is a brilliant medium to connect with the global community.
- Never too late to achieve your dreams: I read this article in the November 2010 issue of Success magazine. 61 year old Kay LeClaire climbed seven highest mountain peaks in seven continents. She became the first woman over 60 to reach all seven summits. [Kilimanjaro (Tanzania); Denali (Alaska); Elbrus (Russia); Aconcagua (Argentina); Carstenz Pyramid (Indonesia); Vinson (Antarctica) and Everest (Nepal)]. Very inspiring and magnetic experiences.
- Cash Flow Quadrant: This book by Robert Kiyosaki impressed me. The book is a recommendation to be read. It is an apt read during the evolving and fluid phase of the global financial crunch.
- Keep learning and evolving: Don’t stop. Continue your learning every day, every week and every month. Don’t let others opinions stop you from achieving your dreams. Negative comments mean that you are not trying hard enough.
- Learn to Express: People are nice at heart it is the way they express themselves that you could be misjudging. So learn to read expressions and express impressions the right way, Join Toastmasters.
These are my 8 unique impressions because I believe number 8 is a unique number. When you turn it upside down it still reads 8. When you see it’s reflection in the mirror it still reads 8. And it is one more than lucky number “7″.
Enjoy Reading …………….